Sunday, February 8, 2009

Pure Sugar Cane Soda...


So lately I've been into drinking soda that is made with REAL sugar. Not high fructose corn syrup. I find that sodas made with real sugar taste better to me...and I think that even though they aren't good for you, they have to be just a tad bit better than HFCS flavored sodas.

I drink several kinds regularly. Jones Soda is one of my mainstays because it's readily available in several different flavors around here. I also have found a store near me that sells Faygo in glass bottles that is still flavored with cane sugar. I also have found a local gas station that sells Coke bottled in South America that is flavored with cane sugar. That is probably the best so far.

However, I recently tried a new root beer. I got it in a keg type package, and it was REALLY good. It's called Virgil's Root Beer. It was absolutely great.

There is also a new soda made by Redbull that is completely additive free. It's all natural, including the cane sugar. It has a TON of natural ingredients...and one thing that I like about it is of the 8 cans or so that I've had, each one has seemed to "feature" one of the flavors more than the last. One seemed very cinnamon. One was minty. One was lemon. Stuff like that.

The only down side to these types of soda are that they are a bit more expensive than regular stuff. For instance, the six pack of Faygo costs $5.75....where normally you could get a six pack of Faygo for around $250. Not to mention, the can sugar only comes in 12 ounce bottles...so you're paying a lot more for it. But I feel that on a semi-regular basis, it's definitely worth it!!!

One that I really need to try is Dublin Doctor Pepper. It's bottled in Dublin Texas and is still made with cane sugar. Problem is, the cost of the drink itself isn't so bad...but the cost of the shipping is outrageous!!! Maybe I'll order some in a month or two just to give it a try!!!

No comments: