Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Got a Couple of Errands Done...

So after my post the other day about what I had to get done this weekend I figured I better get some of those things done.

Today was GORGEOUS outside here in Michigan. 57 degrees, sunny, not a ton of wind.

I ended up getting several things done and a couple of things done that weren't on the list at all on my first day off.

First off, I got some of the more unsightly dog poop cleaned up. The yard is a muddy and leafy mess right now, so I got the stuff that was really obvious taken care of. It's still too disgusting out there to really go try to clean anything else up, as it's all soggy and literally falling apart. The mud and leaves don't help much either.

Second, I got my car to the doctor. I got the flex pipe put in. It took about an hour and a half. It cost a bit more than I was expecting, but still not insane. Either way, it sounds like new again and that's a good thing. I was getting tired of it sounding like an overgrown lawn mower. I also got another thing taken care of on my car...a few weeks ago my subwoofer amplifier stopped working. After a quick inspection I found that the ground wire had come disconnected. Well, with it being so cold outside all the time for the last month or so I had just said "To heck with it" and waited for it to get warmer. So today I finally took care of that issue and got everything working again.

Third, and this was not on my list. I broke down nearly all of the boxes that had taken up residence in the garage. I had been needing to do this, but it wasn't a huge priority. However, the Suzuki is being delivered tomorrow and it needs a home in the garage, so getting the boxes out of the way became a necessity. After about an hour straight of breaking down box after box after box I finally had it down to only two large boxes that were really left. Two small ones too, but they are filled with packing peanuts so I'll just leave those and use the peanuts whenever I need them. Either way, the bike has plenty of room in the garage now, so it'll be good to go when it gets here.

Lastly. Yesterday I found a dog. He was a young pitbull. I had animal control come and pick him up today...but there will be more on that in a post later on when I get the picture of him e-mailed to myself from my phone.

No comments: