Thursday, February 26, 2009

ANOTHER Painting Update...

So I got most of the trim painted. There are still a few spots that need some touch up, but for the most part it's done now.

I actually really like the way the light gray goes with the dark gray. It sets it off nicely, and when it's nice and bright in the room you can really see the difference between the two colors.

The trim ended up needing at least two coats in every spot for it to cover the old white that was on there. I think that might have something to do with the fact that I was going with a flat paint this time and painting over a glossy color. I didn't really want to do the glossy color for the trim...I just didn't feel that it would look quite right with the muted colors that we were using.

All in all I'm pretty happy with the results so far. Cathy is going to go back to Menard's to pick out a ceiling fan and hopefully I can get my dad to come down and help me hang it next week. After I get that hung, I should be pretty much done with the room, other than doing the trim on the windows this spring.

Oh yah, we'll also be looking at window coverings and such. Also some decorations for the room. But for the most part, it's almost finished...

...now, I'm off to start trying to rip down some wallpaper. If it doesn't go smoothly, we're just going to go rent a steamer!!!

No comments: