Thursday, February 12, 2009

Got Some More Car Stuff Done...

So I figured since I had spent some money on the brakes on the car, I might as well go ahead and get some other stuff done to it that it needed.

I started out by getting some new windshield washer fluid nozzles. The ones on the car had been damaged somehow and were squirting fluid pretty much everywhere other than my windshield. The new ones cost $10 and make a HUGE difference. Nice mist sprayed on the entire windshield. Cleans really well.

I figured since I got those, I should probably replace the wiper blades too. Got some decent ones on sale at Meijer for "Two for $7.00." They work really well, and I guess I hadn't noticed how bad my old ones had gotten.

I also dropped $90 on a new battery. The one that was in there had been in the car since I got it...and the car is an 02, so the battery is probably 7 years old or more now. I guess I hadn't been paying much attention to the car, but as soon as the new battery was in it started running smoother, idling smoother, and just seemed to "work" better. I decided to change the battery after a drive today. I was coming home from getting the washer nozzles and when I stopped at a light I noticed the car bogging everytime I had my brakes on AND the blinker going. I tried turning on the AC and it got even worse. So I figured the battery was draining the charging system too quickly and making the car work too hard. New battery in, all these issues are gone!!!

Now, if only I could figure out where to put my intake air temperature sensor...then that darn "Check Engine" light would go 0ff...

No comments: