Saturday, February 21, 2009

New Fish...

I can't remember if I posted about it or not, but Achilles died about a week or so ago. The ick that he had been sick with I think finally caused him to die. It sucked, because he was doing pretty well and seemed like he was getting a little bit better, then later that night he was dead.

I decided to flush the tank all out and get it running again to try and clear out the disease. Well, after a little more than a week I finally tore it all apart today. I put in boiling water to kill any parasites or bacteria that were left, then let the filter run for several hours.

Then tonight I ran to the store and picked out a new fish. It's a Siamese Fighting Fish, or a betta. His name is Arthur. I don't have a picture of him, but he's purple, white, blue, and red. This is a picture I found of a betta so that you can see what they look like, just in case you didn't know...

No comments: