Friday, February 13, 2009

Infinity Kappa 42.9i...

So I've picked out the speakers that I will be putting into the GS-1000.

They are Infinity Kappa model 42.9i. They are two ohm speakers, which means they'll suck a little bit more power out of whatever CD player I decide to get to go with them.
These speakers can be found on Ebay for right around $75 per set including shipping. Not too bad for some pretty wicked speakers!!!

I've narrowed the search for CD players down to a few. I'm normally an Alpine guy...but I don't know if I want an Alpine for the bike. They are a bit more expensive, and their "marine" radios that are water resistant are U.G.L.Y.

I like a couple of the decks by Sony and Clarion. They are nice and fall in at under $100. That's a good $70 less than the Alpine deck that I would be interested in.

The Clarion comes with lots of stuff...a USB input to play an iPod through. A remote control. The Sony one has a bit more power though, and on the bike power is going to be important.

The problem is, I'm not a very big fan of EITHER of these brands. Right now, however, I'm strongly leaning towards the Clarion. It seems to have everything that I'm looking for, and it looks nice with classic lines and features. It's model DB285USB, and this is it right here.


Nice part is, it's currently on sale at Crutchfield for $79.99 with free shipping. That's a pretty good price, and it's got an auxiliary input so that you can plug an iPod or other MP3 player into it.

So basically, I'd be looking at about $150 total for the two items...and that would get the stereo system completetly squared away on the bike, and it should last a good long time while producing some good sounds!!!

No comments: