Sunday, February 1, 2009

Some New Games Coming Out Soon...


So the next couple of months has a few pretty big games getting released. One of the biggest, and obviously on my list, is "Halo Wars" for the Xbox 360. It's a Real Time Strategy version of one of the best video game franchises of all time, and all of the previews are just raving about it's control and story. It comes out in March 3rd.


Another big one is "Street Fighter IV." This is a fighting game that has been around for YEARS in it's earlier incarnations. "IV" is the first one made for next generation game consoles, and I BELIEVE is the first one that isn't going to be released in arcades first. I've never been HUGE into "Street Fighter," but I find it amusing when I do play it. I probably never really got into it because I was no good at it at the arcades, and would basically just waste money on it. But I think I'll be picking it up for the 360, because it looks pretty cool. "Street Fighter IV" comes out February 17th.


Last, but certainly not least, is a remake and update/expansion of a game that was made for the original Xbox called "Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay." That game was a critical success, but was rather short and as such didn't get much hype in the market. The new versioin, "Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena" includes a remastered (new graphics, sound, and play mechanics) version of the original game, as well as an all new game. If you didn't know already, "Riddick" is the character from the movie "Pitch Black" and, obviously "The Chronicles of Riddick." He is played by Vin Diesel, and "Pitch Black" is one of my higher rated recent sci-fi movies. So this game could be a sleeper. I may rent it, to check it out first though. "CoR: AoDA" comes out on April 7th.

No comments: