Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm a Procrasinator...

So I had planned on doing some painting this weekend. What actually happened was I played video games and slept a lot.

I guess I just didn't really feel like doing any work around the house this weekend. I know that I should have, but it just really didn't seem like a great idea...and I was having too much fun playing games.

With that said, we did get SOME things regarding the room done.

We went to Menard's to look for wallpaper. We discovered that the cost of wallpaper for the type we liked was going to be pretty high. More than we wanted to spend, really. Well, while we were there we decided that we were going to have to eventually remove the wallpaper from the bathroom, so we should just get the stuff and have at an attempt to pull down the wallpaper in the bedroom. So we got the thing to score the paper with, we got the scraper, and we got some gel that's supposed to make stripping the paper really easy. So we'll end up seeing how that goes. I guess we'll be painting that wall after all, which is fine by me.

We also found some other things for the room. We found a couple of ceiling fans that we liked. The one in the room just seems rickety, so we had decided we were going to change it out with a newer one. There were three of them at Menard's that we really liked...ranging from $60 to $120. I like the $60 on a lot, but it's quite a bit smaller (42" as compared to 52") than the other ones. We'll see though.

We also found some light fixtures that we'll end up putting into the bathroom that's attached to that room. On top of that, we got an idea for a few things that we could do with the sink that's in that room...but that might come at a much later date, as the things cost about $500.

No comments: