Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Nelson Rigg CL-850 Touring Bags...

So I have decided what type of luggage I'm going with on the 'zuki for certain, now. I had been planning on leaving the Vetters on there...but I really don't like the way they look. Then I started thinking about using the ammo boxes...but I don't want to have to fashion a bracket and mounting system. Plus, they'd be pretty much hooked to the bike at all times.

I decided to go with some soft saddle bags by the same company that makes the ones that I have on the Ninja. They are Nelson Rigg model CL-850 touring saddle bags.

I decided to go with them for a few reasons...one being that I like the ones on my Ninja and they seem to be really high quality. Another being that they come in at the right price (can be found for right around $100) which is about what I'd spend on the ammo cases and brackets anyways. And last being that they are HUGE. They hold over 35 liters of stuff on each side. That's about 10 more liters than any of the other bags that I had on my short list...basically about 33% more storage space than any of the other bags that I liked.

They also can be coupled with a nice tail duffle to complete a nice set of luggage. Now, keep in mind that we won't be doing a ton of LONG TIMEFRAME touring...we might do a couple hundred mile trip, but we wouldn't be gone for more than a few days...so the 70 liters worth of space provided by the two saddle bags should be more than enough for any clothing that we might need to take with us.

Here are the bags right here.

No comments: