Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Hey, Hey Hockeytown!!!


So I just wanted to take a quick moment to mention that now that football season is over with (which makes me sad) it's time for me to get geared up for the last quarter of the season and playoffs in the NHL.

Right now there's a couple of teams that I think are surprising people. I don't think a lot of people thought that the Sharks would be as far out in front as they are. And I don't think anyone really thought that the Bruins would be where they are. The Capitals...they might be surprising some people, but not me personally. I know that Ovechkin is the man.

Then there are some teams that are really bungling this season. The Penguins were picked to play in the Finals again this season...but right now are on the outside looking in as far as the playoffs are concerned. I blame this on Crysby. If the guy would stop whining and start playing hockey, he'd be unstoppable. But instead he likes to take dives and cry about how nobody is calling things in his favor.

Then we move on to my team...the Red Wings...who are struggling defensively and in goal tending, yet still manage to somehow be one of the top five teams in the league. It says a lot about a team when your goalie can be having what is statistically the worst year of his career...you've got several key players hurt...and you're STILL in second place in your conference.

No comments: