Monday, February 16, 2009

Scored Some Parts...

So I was scouring a message board tonight...GSResources.com...and I came across a guy that had a for sale ad up.

He was parting out a 1980 GS1kG. I figured I'd take a shot even though the wad was a few weeks old. I dropped him a line inquiring about a stock seat and a side cover (my GS is missing the right side cover).

He got back to me almost instantly...I mean, literally about 2 minutes after I sent him the message, he had responded.

Lucky for me, he had both parts. He told me to make him an offer including shipping. I always HATE making an offer for parts and things...I never have any idea where to start. But this time I had a bit of an idea. I knew the seat would be large and not exactly light. So I estimated it's weight and figured it's size, then went and looked at shipping. It would cost about $24 to ship the item to me from his home town. So I went ahead and offered him $75 for the parts, quoting the $24 for shipping...and basically letting him know I was offering $50 for the parts.

He took it and will be shipping this week.

Hopefully any other parts I need will come that easily!!!

No comments: