Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Building Air Hockey...Buying Paint...Snowshoeing...

So this weekend I don't really have an awful lot that I HAVE to do...but I've got a few things planned that I WANT to do.

Tomorrow I think I'm going to build the air hockey table. We still haven't really figured out a great place to put it, but I want to make sure that it works before we've had it for too long to return it or something. It was only $50, so if it doesn't work, I don't know, it might not even be worth returning...seeing as it doesn't even come close to fitting in either of our vehicles so we have to borrow a van from Cathy's dad to drive things this large around. But yah, I'll probably get it built tomorrow.

I also plan on heading to Meijer to get the paint so that we can slap some on the wall in the bedroom just to make sure the color we chose will match the carpeting in that room. I'll probably also put up some tape to get some paint in the corner so that we can make sure it matches that one wall that has the wallpaper. I would hate to get the entire room painted then realize that the paint didn't match the wallpaper that we want to leave up, and then have to rip the wallpaper all down and then paint that wall all by itself at a different time. I'll just be using Dutch Boy paint, but I've had really good luck with that before.

Also, on these two days off, I plan on finally getting the snowshoes out to a real area to use them a bit more than just the backyard. Yah, the back yard is pretty large, but I really want to give the shoes a shot in a larger area...probably just an open field, but I'd LOVE to find some trails or something that I could try to go use them on. With that said, I don't know how long I'll use them, because it's STILL only in the 10 degree and under temperatures here in Michigan. It's been really cold for what seems like about a month...I could use a couple of days with it up in the 30s or so. Enough to melt the snow a tad just to pack it down.

Other than that, nothing really at all on the agenda for the weekend. Other than sleep!!!

No comments: