Monday, January 26, 2009

New Plan of Attack for the Bedroom Repainting...

So the wallpaper that I was originally planning on leaving up because it matched the room pretty well will now be coming down. When I taped it off to paint, I realized that on the edges the wallpaper was already falling down. Not good. When I ripped that part down, I realized that it's going to be an absolute pain in the ass to peel all of it down.

So now I think my new plan of attack may involve going and finding a nice wallpaper to put up on that wall that will set the room off really well anyways, and just put the new wallpaper up over the old stuff.

I plan on finishing the painting in the room on Tuesday and Wednesday. After we get the painting in there all finished, then we can think about putting up the wallpaper. I would LIKE to be moved into the new bedroom by the end of February at the latest, and I think that can be easily achieved.

We also have a few people interested in some of the excess furniture that we have in the house, so it's possible we may get the rooms all cleaned out more quickly than I had originally intended...which would be nice.

Either way, the room is coming along nicely, and I think that Cathy and I will be able to pick out a really nice wallpaper that will work well with what we've got going on in the room.

No comments: