Saturday, January 10, 2009

Uke Tuning...

So I got my ukulele stuff in the mail today. The DVD, the tuner, and the humidifier.

I hooked the tuner up right away, and quickly came to the conclusion that my uke was so out of tune that it was actually playing notes that weren't even correct. Like when I first plucked the string for "C," it thought it was an "E." Now THAT'S out of tune.

I spent a good 40 minutes or so getting it all tuned up, and WOW!!! What a difference in sound tone it makes. The thing actually sounds like an instrument now, even though I have no idea what I'm doing still!!!

The tuner is really cool...it's digital with a gauge and it clips to the end of the uke. When the note is tuned correctly, it glows a bright green to easily show you that the note is in tune!!!

I will start watching the DVD tomorrow...it looks like it's going to be a lot of fun.

Here's the tuner that I got.

No comments: