Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It's a Small World, After All...


So I have been a very active member of the message board www.sportbikes.net for years now. The server on that message board crashed in 2004, and I had been a member well before that. I want to say that I started posting there probably back in early 2002 at the latest...so I have been a member for about 7 years now. I post a lot...especially in the sports forums.

So there is a guy that has also been a member there for as long as I can remember. His screen name is bassjones. He posts a lot in many of the forums, and he is also pretty active in the sports forum.

There was a thread today about Tony Dungy retiring from the Indianapolis Colts...and this guy bassjones mentioned that he remembers watching Dungy play high school football. Well, Tony Dungy played high school football in Jackson, Michigan...so I posted something about not knowing that bassjones was from Jackson. He responded saying that he lived on Lansing Avenue while he was growing up...which is a rather large street, but a street that is about 500 yards from my house. He then mentioned something about a church that his father was a minister at...and that church is the church that is 500 yards from my house.

As it turns out, this guy lived in a house while he was growing up that I could see from my house if there weren't trees in the way. He lived less than a quarter of a mile or so from where I am currently staying.

Pretty amazing how small the world can be sometimes!!!!

No comments: