Thursday, January 29, 2009

Sick of Being Sick...


So I've got ANOTHER nasty cold. This is the second one in only a few short weeks. This one is a bit different, as it seems to have taken up residence more in my sinuses than the other one was. But, either way, it's knocked me on my butt again.

This one started out with a sore throat...a sore throat that is still there. Then it pretty quickly moved into my head causing lots of stuffiness, sneezing, sniffles, and just general discomfort. I've taken some Mucinex, which does an okay job of clearing up my stuffiness, but also does an okay job of making it difficult for me to sleep. I've also taken some DayQuil, but that just doesn't seem to be working for me very well anymore.

These colds wouldn't be so bad if they were rare occurrences...but over the last couple of years, they have been becoming more and more normal. I guess it's probably a combination of things. One being that I work with the public...touching things that they touch all the time...one being that it's been a couple of pretty nasty winters...and then one being that I'm just not in very good shape anymore. I'm sure that my fitness level is causing my immune system to be a little bit weaker than it has been in the past.

I'm still planning on starting a workout plan...but we've got to get the stuff moved around in the house first so that we can set up the exercise bike. I hope that as soon as I can start working out a little bit, then maybe that will help me build my immune system back up so that I can stop getting these colds...or at least if I keep getting them, maybe they won't kick my butt so bad!!!!

No comments: