Friday, January 2, 2009

Wood Burning Clock

So yesterday I finished up the project that I had been working on for the bathroom.

It's a clock. I got a kit from Michael's by the same company that made the wood burning kit itself. The kit came with the wood and all the parts to make the clock work. It was supposed to be used to make the clock with markers and such, but the wood was the same type of wood that came with the wood burning kit so I figured it would be perfect to do a nice burning on.

So I set to work on making an original drawing. I made a pretty cool cartoon style monkey burning. It's just a monkey face, but the clock on it is pretty cool. I figure it will be a good addition to our bathroom when we get around to finally painting and such in there...which I think is going to happen sometime in the next month or so.

I'm really enjoying the wood burning. It's a cool hobby that for the most part has been really inexpensive...which is nice for a change. With all my other hobbies...video games, the kayak, LEGO, the motorcycle, etc...the cost seems to be really high. But with this, I can go spend $4 on a couple of pieces of wood from Meijer and make a pretty interesting art project.

I've completed three different projects now, and I have one that is in the works right now. I also have two pieces of wood that are blank and the box that I bought for my pen to work on. So I have three completely blank slates to work on, and one that I have started that needs to be finished.

All in all though, I've had a lot of fun with this little kit...and it's cool because I didn't even know anything like this existed before I got it.

Here is a picture of a really cool burning that I found online. Who ever made this put quite a bit of time into it!!!

No comments: