Saturday, January 3, 2009

Skeg for the Kayak

So I tried to order the skeg for the kayak today. The one from Sea Eagle that I had been looking at.

Unfortunately, Sea Eagle isn't shipping any items out right now because they are doing an inventory check. The site said to stop back in a few days and things should be back to normal.

I'll try to order it again in about a week and see how that goes.

I've decided also that, if the skeg doesn't really work on the TK-1, I will probably start thinking about looking into that Stearns Cordova. I had decided that I would go with the Sea Eagle boat...but you pay a lot for the package portion of the Sea Eagle, which is all stuff that I don't need. Two paddles, two seats, and a foot pump. Those things are $400 worth of accessories that I don't need at all...but they are added to the price of the Sea Eagle package.

But I don't think that will be necessary, because I think the skeg will make a good improvement on the TK-1.

No comments: