Saturday, January 17, 2009

More Snow...

So we got even more snow tonight...probably another good 4 inches or so. So I'd say we're now up to about 14 or 15 inches of it outside.

It's still pretty cold, too. I decided not to go out with the snowshoes even though it was fresh snow. I read last night that the snowshoes work even better when it's SLIGHTLY warmer outside and the snow is a bit more "packable." The shoes support your weight much better then.

I'm hoping that it gets up into the 20s tomorrow like it's supposed to...then when I get home maybe I'll get the shoes out again because hopefully the little bit warmer temperature causes the snow to melt a bit and then freeze back together. I'm interested to see how different the snowshoes are when the snow is not just powder.

No comments: