Friday, January 9, 2009

Income Taxes...

It's almost income tax time. I don't know if I'll be getting much of a refund this year. This last year I adjusted my deductions to get a bit more cash on every paycheck to help me pay things off better. It SEEMS that it shouldn't have too much of an effect on what I'll be getting back, but I doubt I'll be getting back as much as I have in the past.

One good thing, though, is that for some reason the morons that are in charge of pay at work haven't figured out how to NOT take city income taxes out of our paychecks. So, even though I haven't lived in the city or worked in the city for the last year, I've still had city taxes taken out all year long. So the City of Lansing has $382 of my money that wasn't owed to them at all. Now, for some people this was a bit of an issue last year getting this money back...the City wanted some kind of letter from work stating that none of the hours worked were actually earned in the City Limits, and of course work didn't know if this was something that they could actually provide or not. In the end everyone ended up getting what was owed to them, but it was a bit more of a hassle than was necessary.

I am hoping that W2s will be issued pretty soon so that we can get the process of filing the taxes started. I'm interested to see what kind of a refund I'm going to get...

No comments: