Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Snowshoes!!!

So today I ran to MC Sports on my way to pick up the air hockey table (which I wasn't able to fit into the Honda...but that'll be another post tomorrow) to check out if they had any snowshoes.

I was in luck. They had some that were on clearance. About $30 off of their normal price. They were a size that is considered "acceptable" for my weight so I figured I'd give them a try.

They are made by a company named Tubbs, and from what I read after I bought them they are a very highly regarded model for "casual and beginning" snowshoe enthusiasts. When I got them home I tried them on and walked around the house. They worked pretty well, allowing me to sink about 3 or 4 inches into the otherwise foot deep snow. They will take a bit of getting used to for me to be able to walk in them really well, but they seemed like they would be pretty fun. Even though it's supposed to be ridiculously cold out tomorrow, I may run up to the baseball field near the house and try walking around on them for a few minutes.

These are the shows that I got right here.

No comments: