Monday, January 26, 2009

Cooper Has Been Fine Today...

So Cooper seems to have recovered fully from his seizure. I guess it's possible that he may have killed off a few brain cells when it occurred, but I think he's got some brain cells that die everyday anyways just because he's an idiot dog.

I'm glad he's better, though. He's been cheery and active tonight, and seems to be his old self. I think he gets really scared when the seizures happen...which is understandable. With a person, like my sister, you can explain to her what happens and tell her what just happened to her when she came out of the seizure, but with the dog they obviously can't understand that. So I'm sure that it scares him really bad.

One thing that I've noticed is that the last few times this has happened have been when he seems to be very warm. I'm wondering if his body overheating is what's causing it to happen...which is a problem because he always thinks he's so cold and likes to lay in front of heating registers and under covers and such.

I'll be keeping my eye on him like always...and just hope that these don't become more regular.

No comments: