Thursday, May 21, 2009

Fixed the Champ's Fender...

So I fixed the Champ's fender today. As I suspected, it was something that was a really easy fix.

It's nice to have something that really only needs some cosmetic work to get it perfect. The thing was held on by four screws. I took them out, readjusted it, and slapped it back on. My assumption that it was put on last time on the wrong side of the mounting bracket was correct. I moved it to the correct side and now it looks perfect.

The only problem now is the back luggage rack. It's slightly tweaked to the left. And now that the fender is straight it's a bit more prominent. Maybe I'll start haunting Ebay looking for a good deal on a rear rack for it so that it will be 100% perfect.

In other news about the Champ, I definitely need to find some sort of helmet for it. I was riding it up to the store the other night, and I must've swallowed about 50 insects of some type in the 5 minutes there and 5 minutes back. A helmet is a must, I guess!!!

No comments: