Monday, May 4, 2009

Got the Suzuki Running...


So today I got the Suzuki running. I didn't really do any work to it other than put the air filters on the carbs. It's obviously running way too lean, because it coughs and bogs and surges. All signs of a bike that's running a bit too lean.

I'm right now in the middle of a dilemma, however. I'm really, and I mean REALLY, tired of working on this bike. Every time I get something done it seems that something else comes up. So I'm contemplating selling it. In fact, I have an ad up on Craig's List right now for it...but I don't know if I'll actually sell it.

Right now I have it priced at a little less than what I paid for it...I guess if I can sell it I'll just write it off as it gave me something to do for a while.

However, I have a guy on GSR that has offered to piece together a 1978 GS-750. He has several of them that were all parts bikes, but he says he can get them all together into one good looking and solid running bike. He wants to trade me this built 750 for my 1000G as it sits. I'm inclined to think that this is a good idea, considering I've seen some of the work this guy has done on the other bikes he's built on GSR. He's a really good mechanic, knows how to work on the things, and it would appear that he has built no less than seven of these bikes for others and himself. He says that he's interested in trading because he built a 1000G a few years back and then sold it, then after he sold it he immediately wished he hadn't...so he's been wanting a solid one to work as a project for a while now. My 1000G is a very solid project, as I believe that now its' 90% of the way to being able to be out on the road.

I don't know what to do...all that I know is that I'm tired of working on it. I wish I could just ride it, which I actually did for a few minutes today. I guess I need to decide whether I want to get rid of it at all or not, because the part that I need to order to get it going is a jet kit, and that's $125...

No comments: