Monday, May 18, 2009

Got the Moped Today...

So the guy that I bought the moped from, Phil, called today at about 10 am and asked if I wanted to come pick the scooter up at his work or if I would rather him drop it off on his way home from work. I told him it would probably be best if he just dropped it off, mainly because I was sleeping still...hehehehe...

Anyways, he dropped it off and I paid him, and to my delight it started right up. I took it around the neighborhood for a few minutes and got it up to a nice 35 MPH.

I then parked it and went to Lansing to work on the brakes on my car...but that's another post...

So when I got back, I actually got Cathy to try it out. At first she was pretty nervous, but she ended up being able to go down the street and back just fine. She didn't go really fast, but she seemed to have a pretty good time on it. She wants to start tooling around on it a little bit more, and if she likes it maybe we'll start looking for another scooter for her.

After that I got to work on putting a basket on the back. I found a pretty nice one that matches the one that's on the front. It's held on with a bungie cord, and it looks pretty good on the back of the scooter.

All in all I'm really happy with the purchase. It's nice to have something that just works, instead of something that I need to work on extensively!!!

I think I'm going to order a helmet for it. I don't really want to wear my expensive full face for the motorcycle while riding it, and you don't NEED to have a helmet when riding a moped in Michigan, so I'm going to look for something that's a bit of a novelty...right now I'm leaning towards a fighter pilot style helmet...like this one...

No comments: