Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Grandma Passed Tonight...

So tonight on the way home from work I got a call from my mom. She told me that my grandmother had passed away a little bit earlier in the evening.

So I got home and changed clothes then headed to Lansing to see my family. I ended up finding my dad at my Grandpa's house. I hung out there with them for a little while. Then I went with my dad back to his house and hung out there for a little while.

I feel a lot of different things all at the same time. It's pretty strange. I've never really lost a family member before. I feel sad that she is gone. I feel relieved that she doesn't have to suffer any more pain. I feel sorry for my Grandpa and my father. I feel a bit angry at the circumstances that led to her living the way she did for the last decade. And sometimes I just don't feel anything. It's strange, really, like a complete absence of feelings. I don't think I've ever really felt like that before.

The funeral will probably be this coming Friday.

1 comment:

Doug said...

May she rest in peace and the grace of god be with you and your family.