Saturday, May 16, 2009

Yamaha LC50 Champ...

So I have this obsession with mopeds. I've had it for a few years, but I never really did anything about it. Last summer Cathy and I talked about getting some, but then gas prices came back down and they didn't really seem necessary anymore.

Well, lately with the troubles with the GS (which is still for sale, by the way) I had started thinking about getting one again. It would be a nice way to have a get on and go two wheeled vehicle. On it I don't feel that leather jackets and such are necessary for every ride, like I do with the motorcycle. Also, insurance isn't required and registration costs $15 for 3 years.

So today I got this:

It's a 1982 Yamaha LC50 Champ. It's in GREAT shape. Starts right up and drives like a Champ...yes, pun intended.

I plan on leaving the basket on the front and getting a trunk for the rear. Then I'm going to use it for most of my around town errands!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have one just like it- i came across your page. Would you be willing to part with it?

I noticed your in MI, so am I in Alpena area.

j_macd01@yahoo.com