Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ceiling Fan

So on Tuesday Cathy and I are going to head out to get a new ceiling fan for the bedroom. The one that's in there still works...but it's pretty horrible looking. I don't really know why, but the entire thing looks like it's just hanging there.

Now, I know that ceiling fans are SUPPOSED to just hang there, but this one looks droopy and just wrong. Kind of like a weeping willow tree doesn't look like what a tree is supposed to look like.

We'll probably go get it when we get up on Tuesday. Then Tuesday evening Cathy has dinner with her godmother to go to, so I will be having my dad down to help me put the thing up. Once it's up I can then begin the final stages of painting in the room so that we can get our stuff moved into there.

We'll be getting the fan at Menard's. We found several of them there that we liked quite a bit, ranging in price from $50 to $200. We'll probably settle in for one in the $80-$120 range or so, I think.

I'm looking forward to getting the room done. I know it's been an ongoing thing that anyone reading this has read about probably 25 times...but I guess it's good to be able to slowly work on home improvement projects. I've had no sense of urgency about this at all, and as such it's been pretty enjoyable. I work on it when I want to, and that's pretty nice.

No comments: