Wednesday, March 4, 2009

New Blinds for Bedroom


So all of the improvements to the bedroom seemed to bring one thing out that I hadn't really thought that much about...

...the nice new fan, the new paint, the nice trim...all of it really showcased how bad the blinds in the room looked. So I decided that we should get some new blinds for the room, seeing as we were doing so much other stuff to the room.

We were at the store tonight and the blinds were all on sale. Mini blinds were 20% off so I found some that would work for like $8 each...but then as I was looking I noticed some Roman shades that were specially designed to be energy efficient. They are made out of some material that shields heat out in the summer and helps keep cold out in the winter. Basically, they help to keep the temperature in the room at what you want it, and not at what the weather wants it.

They look pretty nice. They were a little bit more expensive...well, about 3 times as expensive...at $24.49 each after the sale...but these ones were 30% off so I saved over $10 per set. I only had to get two of them because there are only two windows that use the 35" size. I have to go back to get one that's 42" or so in length for the other window in the room.

I'll try to get them up in the next few days.

No comments: