Sunday, March 15, 2009

So Gordon...

...has stopped going to the bathroom in the house while we're at work. We have been leaving him out of his crate the last few days, and he hasn't had any problems.

So it would appear that his "problem" of going to the bathroom in his crate is simply his way of complaining about being in the crate. I'm not really sure what to do about this now.

I don't know if I want to just continue leaving him out of the crate while Cooper and Dillon stay in their crates, but I'm getting a bit tired of having to clean his crate up so often after he pees in it while we're at work.

I figure most of this is still a side effect from his medicine he was taking. The medicine made it so that he couldn't hold it, and he got used to going while he was in the crate and now he just thinks it's okay. The problem is that it usually looks like it's been done quite a bit earlier than when we get home, so if I try to yell at him about it he doesn't know what I'm upset about.

I think maybe I'll try leaving him out for a few more days and then next week give the crate another try and see how it goes.

No comments: