Tuesday, March 31, 2009

My Trebuchet Finally Shipped.

So I had gotten notice a couple of weeks ago that my trebuchet would be shipping in a few days. But then I didn't hear back from the seller. So I got a bit worried and sent a few e-mails. After no response for nearly a week I finally sent one asking what the deal was, and letting them know that I was getting to the point where I was going to have my credit card company investigate the transaction as fraudulent. Basically I was going to see if I could have a chargeback done because I was thinking I had been ripped off.

The thing was supposed to take 4-8 weeks to build, and after about 12 weeks I still didn't have it. How strange that around the time that the transaction was becoming something I couldn't dispute on Ebay was the time that the communcations stopped.

Well, something made me hold off on calling the bank. Probably laziness, really. But I'm glad that I didn't. I got an e-mail from the lady that sold it to me about 5 days after I sent the one letting them know I was thinking about having the transaction investigated. Turned out an immediate family member had been in a pretty serious car accident and her and her husband had to go out of town to take care of things. She was very apologetic and told me that my trebuchet would be getting built this past weekend and shipped on Monday.

Her husband then sent me an e-mail the next day, again apologizing for the delay, and telling me that he would be sending me an extra gift along with the kit. I told him that wasn't necessary, and that I was just glad my kit was getting ready, but he insisted. I don't know what it is, but I hope it's even remotely close to as cool as the trebuchet itself, because the trebuchet is awesome.

Well, today I got a shipping notice from FedEx for a large package that was being shipped by the seller!!! So they did come through on the promise to get it sent out to me on Monday. I'm not sure how long FedEx normally takes to ship a 30 pound package, but I hope that I get it before the end of the week!!!

If I do get it, I can add it to my list of things that I need to do but am way to lazy to actually do!!!!

No comments: