Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Halo Wars


So I got my copy of "Halo Wars" today on the way back from getting the ceiling fan. I got the Limited Edition of the game, and it's pretty cool. The packaging is nice, the extras are nice, and the game is pretty fun.

The game comes packaged in a tin that has "cover art" on both sides of it, so that when you put it into it's protective sleeve you can have either the bad guys (Covenant Elites) or the good guys (UNSC Spartans) on the front of your case. It comes packaged with a hard cover full length comic book about the events in the game, some trading cards, a patch from the ship that is in the game, and a few other extras that you can download. I'm really impressed with the package all around...it's got some good stuff in it.

The game itself is pretty good. I'm not really big on RTS games, but this one is pretty straight forward and focuses more on the actual action in the game than on managing resources and such. It's pretty easy to just save up some resources, build a giant army, and attack. It works out pretty well that way, but not always.

The story is pretty good so far...but I just found The Flood (another group of aliens in the game) and that seems to be the point in some of the other "Halo" properties where things go a little bit downhill...so we'll see how that goes.

I do really enjoy playing the game, but I'm not sure how much replayability it will have. Seeing as I'm not very good at RTS games, I don't really see myself playing it online an awful lot against other real people, but who knows I might just give it a shot anyways. I guess even if I don't like it, I've still got "Left 4 Dead" to fall back on...actually, tonight, after playing some "Halo Wars" in single player for a while, when I got the urge to play against someone else I TRIED to find a game online in "Halo Wars" but couldn't find one, so I popped "L4D" in and playe d that for a little while...

No comments: