Thursday, March 5, 2009

Hung One of The Roman Blinds.

So I got home tonight and decided to try my luck at hanging one of the Roman Blinds that I bought the other night.

It went up pretty easily. I actually mounted it slightly above the window frame, in hopes that it would hang as close to the actual window glass as possible. It looks nice in the room, and seems to be really nicely made.

With that said, I don't know if I like it. The rope to pull it up and down is, for some reason, placed BEHIND the actual blind itself. This makes it a bit of a chore to pull the thing up and let it down. You have to actually move the blind a little bit to do it. Completely different than any other types of blinds I've ever used. I actually thought for a while that I hadn't installed it correctly, but after reading the instructions about five times I decided it must just be the way that they are designed.

It's not that big of a deal, I guess. I can count the number of times that I've actually opened the blinds in the current bedroom in the last year on one hand. So basically, not being able to quickly open and close the blinds isn't a big deal to us. I guess I was just hoping that for $50 worth of blinds they would have been a bit more user friendly.

Maybe I do have them up wrong, but I don't really see any other way that they would be able to go up.

No comments: