Monday, March 2, 2009

Halo Wars on Tuesday...


So I've been looking forward to "Halo Wars" on the Xbox 360 for a while now. A few weeks ago a demo came out for it on Xbox LIVE that got me even more excited for it. The demo was fun, sort of like a real time strategy/action game. It's an RTS, but it's pretty fast paced and streamlined so that you have quite a bit more action and actual fighting than managing resources and boring stuff like that.

If you know me you will also know that I'm a big "Halo" fan in the first place. I've got all three games, including the collector's edtion of "Halo 2" and the "Legendary Edition" of "Halo 3." Yes, the "Halo 3" ended up costing me nearly $150...but it was I guess worth it. I played "Halo 2" and "Halo 3" online almost non-stop for the first few months after they came out. "Halo 3" wasn't as great as "Halo 2" in my opinion, the online just wasn't quite as fun to me, but it still was a great game to play with friends.

I don't know how the multiplayer in "Halo Wars" will end up panning out, but the story is supposed to be pretty good. One that "Halo" fans will enjoy, from what I'm hearing.

I pick up my "Limited Edition Halo Wars" copy on Tuesday from Best Buy. Price is $79.99, but I've got $20 worth of Best Buy Reward Zone certificates, so I'll be paying the standard $59.99 price for the game.

1 comment:

Doug said...

Games now a days are certainly looking cool. I wish I had more time to play them...