Monday, March 30, 2009

Cooper Had Another Seizure

So Cooper had another seizure tonight.

Same as the last couple. The only real reason I'm putting it into the blog is so that I can keep track of WHEN he has them so that if they become more recurrent I can let the vet know what I know.

This one happened tonight while I was in the shower and Cathy was upstairs. Unfortunately we don't know exactly when it started, but I do know that the "second half" of it seemed to be a little bit less severe than the last couple of them.

Oddly enough, these only seem to happen near the end of the month. October 28, 2008. January 25, 2009. March 30, 2009. Of course, I don't really have any way of knowing if he's having them while I'm not at home or sleeping. But I spend a good amount of time with him during the evenings and on days off, so I would imagine if they were happening MUCH more regularly we'd notice them.

He once again seems to be relatively fine after he comes out of them, albeit very tired. Most of the things that I've read about seizures seem to suggest that if the animal snaps out of it and acts about the same as normal, other than exhausted, then they are probably fine and will just have them periodically. I will mention it to the vet the next time I go up there and see if the vet thinks it would be a good idea to throw him on some pheno or something...but I'm guessing the vet won't think it's necessary at this point in time.

Like before, I'll just keep watching and monitoring him.

No comments: