Saturday, March 14, 2009

Trebuchet...Warwolf...


So remember back when I was doing the posts about trebuchets??

Well, I ordered that Warwolf one off of Ebay. Paid for it on January one of this year.

In stark contrast to the orders of my parts, this seller has been very forthright with information and responds quickly to e-mails.

The kit was supposed to take 4-8 weeks to get to me. Well, it's been about 10 weeks and I still don't have my kit. In the middle of the wait time I contacted them and got an e-mail back the next day stating that they were working on filling orders and that they would let me know if there were any hold ups.

Well, I e-mailed them again the other day and I got what I feel is a very honest answer. The lady told me that my kit was being built this weekend and it should be shipped on Monday. She apologized for the delay and was very frank with her reasonings...her and her husband bit off more than they could chew with the kits this holiday season. They thought they might get like 15 orders from the Ebay auctions and their websites, which they would have easily been able to build within two months. But apparently the kits were a huge success, and then ended up having more than twice that many orders and they just really couldn't get them built in time.

I understand that, and you know what?? I like the fact that there weren't any crappy excuses. Yes, that's an excuse, but it's one that I am okay with. I understand when someone is trying to make some money on the side by doing something that they know how to do, and I can understand that maybe that takes off more than they expected and it causes them to get behind.

Hopefully my kit will be here middle of next week...it'll probably get here before my GS parts do...

1 comment:

Doug said...

More than 30 catapults sold! How big are these things? I have a couple neighbors that something like this might come in handy with...
and I wonder how many were sent to Michigan? I want to know what weekend is catapult wars.