Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Celing Fan...Done!!


So my dad came down today...EARLY. He wasn't supposed to show up till after 10:30 or so, but he was here at about 10:15. Cathy and I had planned on going to get the fan at about 2:00pm or so, but my father and I went and picked one out. It's a Westinghouse brand, model Comet 3 speed 52" fan. After all the costs involved (including lunch for my dad for helping) the total cost was just under $125. Not too bad, right in line with what I had figured we would end up spending on the fan.

We got it home and got everything underway. It went up pretty easily. Took less than an hour and a half I'd say once we actually started working. We only ran into one problem, and I believe that was a screw that was stripped in the package, not something that we actually did.

The fan hung easily, the wiring was already there from the fan before, and everything went together really well. The fan is pretty modern looking, and man does it ever move air!! When it's on it's highest setting you can really feel it moving some air around in the room. We use the fan in the bedroom we're using now on high, but I think this one might be just as well off used at medium.

I did notice one thing when we were putting it up...I now seem to find little bits and pieces of wall that need to be touched up with paint literally every time I go into the bedroom. I've been sticking painter's tape to the spots that I find, and it seems like there's about 20 pieces on the walls and trim now. It's probably not really that bad, as I keep finding things that I'm SURE you wouldn't see unless you were looking, so I realistically could probably just leave them...but I feel that they must be done or else the room won't be complete!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this Helpful Information!
Celing Fan