Thursday, March 12, 2009

Madworld...

So I don't buy a whole lot of Wii games, but one came out today that has gotten good reviews and has actually been marketed as more of an adult game than many of the other Wii games out there. I ran to Best Buy and snatched a copy up.

It's called "Madworld" and it's published by Sega and developed by Platinum Games. IGN gave it a 9, and I trust IGN more than just about any other review site of anything out there.

When I got it home I hooked up my new Wii component cables and then threw the game in and started it up. I was in awe right away by the style of the game...it's very comic book. Black and white are all the graphics, other than one color which I'll get to in a moment.

You play the part of Jack, a guy that has a chainsaw thing equipped to his arm, and you're basically fighting for your life "Running Man" style throughout the whole game. Unlike a lot of games that are designed around just going around and beating people up, this one actually has a plot. Apparently terrorists have taken over the city that Jack lives in and are forcing the people inside the city to fight it out with each other to survive. Why would anyone fight, you ask?? That's easy. Obviously poison has been pumped into the air, and the only way to get the antidote is to fight in the tournaments. How do the terrorists know that you're fighting?? That's easy, too. The city has been wired with thousands of video cameras, and the fighting is aired on television in a disturbing blood sport.

Now, earlier I mentioned that there is only one color in the game. With the things I've mentioned so far I'm sure you can guess what that color is. Need a hint?? It's the same color as blood.

Yes, there is a TON of blood in the game, and it splatters everywhere in beautiful fountains of red goo!!! It's insanely disturbing, funny, and completely over the top. The violence in this game is so far over the top that it's actually more funny than it is disturbing. Fist fighting with someone?? Why not shove a tire over their torso so they can't move their arms, then impale them with a stop sign??

This is a great game!!!

1 comment:

Doug said...

Definitely looks like a cool game. Decent plot and I especially like the graphic design. Too bad we don't have a Wii.
Hmmm try saying we have a Wii 10 times really fast...