Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Light at the End of the Tunnel...

So today I put my mind to it and started really working on the bedroom. I got a lot accomplished.

First off, all of the trim on the walls that were not wallpapered is completely done. The windows, the baseboards, the doors, everything. I have a few very small spots to touch up, of course, but that's going to take about 10 minutes to do, and I figure I'll wait to do the touch up until I am completely done painting.

But the biggest thing is that I started working on the wallpaper on the fourth wall. We had purchased some stuff to clean the wallpaper off the wall a while ago, but I wasn't sure how well it would work so I have, quite honestly, been putting this part off because I thought it was going to be a ton of work. Well, the stuff we got was called DIF. It's a gel that you roll onto the wall and then it strips the glue from behind the paper. I gave it a go in just a small spot, and it worked amazingly. This led me to start working on a larger spot. Before you know it, that entire wall is completely clean of wallpaper.

Now that fourth wall is ready for paint. I will probably paint it in a few days. I want ALL of this DIF stuff to make sure it's dried off of the wall. I don't think it would do anything to the paint, but you never know. So I am going to give it a few days. In the meantime I am going to do the trim on the window on that wall and the baseboard on it.

Then, after that is all dried and done, the wall will be finished. After the wall is finished, the ceiling will be finished. But the bottom line is, I think I'm literally only about two hours worth of actual work away from being done with the room and getting everything moved into it.

It's been a long time, but it seems to me that the room is going to look pretty nice when it's done!!

No comments: