Friday, March 6, 2009

Still Waiting on Parts

So I'm getting a bit impatient with the parts that I have ordered for the GS.

I had hoped that I would get to recover the seat this weekend, but the chances of that happening are pretty slim now, unless it somehow manages to show up tomorrow. I also still haven't gotten any of the parts that I have ordered from any of the larger companies like Bike Bandit and Flatout Motorcycles.

Oddly enough, the parts I have been getting from guys running their own business out of their basement are showing up a few days after I pay for them. It's a bit irritating considering I'm paying the bigger companies like $10 or $12 shipping and it's still taking days to get the parts.

On another note with the GS, I have FINALLY settled on a finish option for it. I'll be getting a can of Herculiner bed liner from JC Whitney and doing the bike up in black bed liner. I've done a bike before in bed liner and the end result was really unique. The best part is bed liner is REALLY durable, which is a good thing out on the highway with little rocks and stuff alwasy hitting your paint.

No comments: