Wednesday, March 25, 2009

One Last Adventure for the GS Parts...

Before I start this post, I will mention that this picture doesn't have much to do with anything. I did a Google image search for "adventure" and this was one of the images that popped up. I thought it was pretty cool. So anyways...on to the post.

So, I'm sure that anyone that reads this has noticed that I've had a bit of an adventure when it comes to getting the parts that I ordered over three weeks ago. I thought it was all coming to an end after one last screw up by UPS yesterday. I thought that I was in the clear and after my trip to the UPS warehouse today I would have my parts in my grasp.

I was wrong.

Of course there needed to be one last obstacle for me to overcome en route to having my parts. You see, last night when I was talking to "Travis" at the UPS warehouse I asked him if I could just come pick the package up. Of course he said yes, and he told me that I could come get them any time between 10am and 2pm Monday through Friday.

So, seeing as I had the day off I set out to get my parts at about 1:15 or so. It took about 20-25 minutes to get to the place, putting me there right about 1:40. I figured I was fine because, hey, they are open until 2pm. So I go to enter the building...and...door is locked. I try it again, just to make sure I wasn't mistaken, and sure enough, it was locked.

So I glance at the sign on the door..."Hours of Operation: 10am to 1pm" So apparently the place is only open until 1pm. Unbelievable.

So I called this warehouse. Luckily I had the number from when THEY had called me the night before to tell me what was going on. I got through to someone and asked if there was any way I could get my package. She said that there wasn't, and even if there was, the only person that could do it was gone until 4pm. So I asked to speak to a supervisor. She asked me why. I explained how unhappy I was about: A. the parts not being delivered on the day I had selected, and B. the fact that I was told that they were open until 2pm. She then asked me for my name and put me on hold. A few minutes later she came back to the line and told me that she could release the package to me. So she brought it out to the lobby of the building and let me in.

I signed for it and off I went. Parts in hand.

No comments: