Wednesday, March 11, 2009

While Waiting for Parts...

So while I STILL wait for parts (none of them came today either) I decided to do some minor work to the GS.

I decided that I was going to put some different rear turn signals on the bike the other day and I ordered a set on Ebay. They will probably get here before any of the other parts that I have ordered. The reason I had decided to do this was because the signals that were on there were hooked to those Vetter brackets that aren't actually designed for the bike. So I had made up my mind to remove those brackets, and with them of course the signals had to go.

So I got around to actually removing the brackets from the bike. I think the bike looks better without them on there, but it does look a bit bare without any kind of luggage or anything else on the back. However, the brackets not being there does really clean up the look of the bike.

The brackets were a bit rusty and didn't really fit on there very well. The bike, in my opinion, looks like it's in better condition simply by having those brackets taken off.

Hopefully the seat cover will get here soon. When it does I'll get a picture of the bike with the new cover and the brackets removed. I also am in the process of trying to find a good set of saddlebags to put on the back of the bike to complete the touring look.

Lastly, I have decided that I won't be redoing as much on the Vetter fairing as I had originally planned. Instead of redoing the chrome, I'm probably going to just sand the messed up "chrome" strips down and paint them when I paint the fairing. I've got some ideas for the fairing, but it's mainly going to be black. I might do some red trim, though, but I'll keep that to myself until I do it.

No comments: